Recipe Ingredients Method:
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Serves Makes 10 portion
Dietary Notes Gluten Free
Method: For the Macarons
- Sift the confectioners sugar and almond flour into a bowl.
- Add the egg whites into a very clean bowl. Make sure eggs are room temperature.
- Whisk egg whitesuntill begin to foam add the granulated sugar.
- Add vanilla then mix in. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form
- Begin folding in the 1/3 of the dry ingredients.
- Be careful to add the remaining dry ingredients and fold gently.
- The final mixture should look like flowing lava and be able to fall into a figure eight without breaking.
- Divide the mixture and add food color of your choice.
- Spoon into a piping bag with a medium round piping tip and you’re ready to start piping.
- Pipe one inch dollops onto a baking sheet lined with grease proof paper
- Tap on counter several times to release air bubbles. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes before placing in oven.
- Bake at 150*c/300F for 12-15 minutes, rotate tray after 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from baking sheet.
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to gently simmer. Pour over chocolate, then let it sit for 2-3 minutes to gently soften the chocolate.
- Stir until completely combined and chocolate has melted. The finer you chopped the chocolate, the quicker it will melt with the cream.
- Once completely cool and thick, the ganache can be piped with a piping tip or scooped with a spoon. You can also beat the cooled thickened ganache with a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until light in colour and texture, about 4 minutes on medium-high speed.
- Pipe ganache on macaroon and stick together and enjoy